Mount Carmel Sports Medicine and ImPACT Testing
Mount Carmel is offering free ImPACT testing to any athlete over the age of 13, who has not already been baseline tested.
Contact Us for more Information on how to get tested:
3779 Trueman Court MC Fitness 7100 Graphics Way
Hilliard, Ohio 43026 Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
office: 614-527-2322 Office: 740-653-4100
fax: 614-876-1621 Fax: 740-953-4171
Located near the pedestrian bridge
About ImPACT Testing
Developed by clinical experts who pioneered the field, ImPACT (Immediate Post-Concussion Assessment and Cognitive Testing) is the most-widely used and most scientifically validated computerized concussion evaluation system. ImPACT provides trained clinicians with neurocognitive assessment tools and services that have been medically accepted as state-of-the-art best practices -- as part of determining safe return to play decisions.
Through tools such as the ImPACT Concussion Management Model ImPACT addresses the need for an accurate, medically accepted assessment system that is used as part of an overall concussion management protocol. This Model builds partnerships with healthcare professionals and athletic trainers to offer training and resources for affordable concussion management. ImPACT benefits athletes at all levels of play, from professional sports teams to students and their parents.
The ImPACT Test is:
- One important piece of the overall concussion evaluation and management process.
- A sophisticated test of cognitive abilities.
- The most scientifically researched concussion management tool.
- A tool that can help health care professionals track recovery of cognitive processes following concussion.
- A tool to help communicate post-concussion status to athletes, coaches, parents, clinicians.
- A tool that helps health care professionals and educators make decisions about academic needs following concussion.
Click Here to Access Concussion Information